Veeam Backup and Replication V11 release on Feb 24, if you still use V10, it’s the time to upgrade it to V11. New Veeam V11 enables businesses to leverage the following features as part of a complete data protection solution.
- Disaster Recovery with Veeam Continuous Data Protection (CDP): Eliminate downtime and minimize data loss for Tier-1 VMware workloads with built-in CDP and achieve immediate recoveries to a latest state or desired point in time providing the best recovery point objectives (RPOs).
- Reliable Ransomware Protection: Keep backups safe with immutable, hardened Linux repositories compliant with SEC 17a-4(f), FINRA 4511(c) and CFTC 1.31(c)-(d) regulations, preventing encryption by ransomware, accidental or malicious deletions; based on general-purpose servers, without any hardware lock-in.
- AWS S3 Glacier and Azure Blob Archive: Reduce the costs of long-term data archival and retention by up to 20 times and replace manual tape management with new native support for Amazon S3 Glacier (including Glacier Deep Archive) and Microsoft Azure Archive Storage through end-to-end backup life cycle management with Veeam Scale-out Backup Repository™ Archive Tier.
- Google Cloud Storage: New support for Google Cloud Storage for Veeam Scale-out Backup Repository Capacity Tier, providing greater choice of hot cloud object storage targets.
- Expanded Instant Recovery: Achieve the lowest recovery time objectives (RTOs) with powerful instant recovery for Microsoft SQL, Oracle databases and NAS file shares from the pioneer of Instant VM Recovery®.
- NEW Veeam Agent for Mac: Delivers end-user data backup for any macOS device, joining existing Veeam Agents for Microsoft Windows, Linux, IBM AIX and Oracle Solaris.
- Veeam-powered BaaS and DRaaS: Leverage the services, solutions and expertise needed to maximize the value of V11 by teaming up with Veeam-powered service providers for a fully managed backup experience.
1.Backup configuration Settings.
3.Download and mount Veeam Backup & Replication image.
5.On the User Account Control page, click Yes.
6.On the Veeam Backup & Replication 11 page, click Upgrade.
7.On the Please Install prerequisite page, click OK.
8.On the License Agreement page, select I accept the terms of the Veeam license agreement, and I accept the terms of the 3rd party components license agreements, click Next.
9.On the Upgrade page, click Next.
10.On the Provide License page, click Browse and select your existing license file, click Next.
11.On the System Configuration Check page, click Install to install prerequisites.
12.Make sure verification all passed, click Next.
13.On the Service Account page, select Local System account.
14.On the SQL Server Instance page, keep the default settings, click Next.
15.Click Yes on the question pop up message, Veeam will be automatically upgrade database to the version you are installing.
16.Because V11 changed some Backup Copy job retention policies, please verify before continuing with upgrade, click Yes at the Warning message page after verified.
17.On the Ready to Install page, click Install.
18.On the Completing Veeam Backup & Replication 11 Setup Wizard page, make sure installation succeeded, click Finish.
19.Open Veeam Backup and Replication management console.
20.On the Components Update page, select the servers, and click Apply.
21.Make sure components update succeed for selected servers, click Finish.
22.Don’t forget to uncheck Disable for all jobs to enable them.
23.Check Veeam Backup & Replication version from Veeam Backup & Replication console (Help |Abut).
Hope you enjoy this post.
Web Site: carysun.com
Blog Site: checkyourlogs.net
Blog Site: gooddealmart.com
Author: Cary Sun
Cary Sun is an Principal Consultant, He has a strong background specializing in datacenter and deployment solutions, and has spent over 20 years in the planning, design, and implementation of network technologies and Management and system integration.He hold CISCO CERTIFIED INTERNETWORK EXPERT (CCIE No.4531) from 1997.Cary is also a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) and Cisco Champion, He is a published author with serveral titles, include blogs on Checkyourlogs.net, author for many books. Specialties: CCIE /CCNA / MCSE / MCITP / MCTS / MCSA / Solution Expert / CCA