If you try to add an organization with modern authentication and legacy protocols or basic authentication at Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 but failed, the error message is ” Connect to PowerShell: Connecting to remote server outlook.office365.com failed with the following error message: Access is denied”.
Today, I am going to show you how to fix it.
1. Sign in Office 365 portal with a Global Admin account.
2. Select Admin to open Microsoft Office 365 admin center.
3. On the Microsoft 365 admin center, click Help & Support.
4. On the How can we help page, search and select Diag: Enable Basic Auth in EXO.
5. On the Run diagnostics page, select Run Tests.
6. Verify the current Basic authentication settings to make sure Exchange Web Services (EWS) and Exchange Online Remote PowerShell protocol were be enabled, if not, select them from Protocol to enable.
7. Select I acknowledge clicking “Update settings” will make the change(s) describe to the tenant configuration, click Update Settings.
8. Re-try add Organization again, it should be fine now.
Hope you enjoy this post.
Web Site: carysun.com
Blog Site: checkyourlogs.net
Blog Site: gooddealmart.com
Author: Cary Sun
Cary Sun has a wealth of knowledge and expertise in data center and deployment solutions. As a Principal Consultant, he likely works closely with clients to help them design, implement, and manage their data center infrastructure and deployment strategies.
With his background in data center solutions, Cary Sun may have experience in server and storage virtualization, network design and optimization, backup and disaster recovery planning, and security and compliance management. He holds CISCO CERTIFIED INTERNETWORK EXPERT (CCIE No.4531) from 1999. Cary is also a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP), Microsoft Azure MVP, Veeam Vanguard and Cisco Champion. He is a published author with several titles, including blogs on Checkyourlogs.net, and the author of many books.
Cary is a very active blogger at checkyourlogs.net and is permanently available online for questions from the community. His passion for technology is contagious, improving everyone around him at what they do.
Blog site: https://www.checkyourlogs.net
Web site: https://carysun.com
Blog site: https://gooddealmart.com
Amazon Author: https://Amazon.com/author/carysun