Veeam released new Veeam Backup & Replication V11a Cumulative Patches P20211211 on Dec 22,2021. This cumulative patch includes the following new features, enhancements and fixes for the original V11a builds:
- Microsoft Windows 11 and Microsoft Windows 10 21H2 support as guest OS, Hyper-V hosts (as a target for Instant Recovery and SureBackup), for installation of Veeam Backup & Replication components, and for agent-based backup with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 5.0.2 (included in P20211211).RHEL/CentOS/Oracle Linux 8.5, Ubuntu 21.10, Fedora 35 distributions are now supported as guest OS, for the installation of Veeam Backup & Replication components, and for agent-based backup with Veeam Agent for Linux 5.0.2 (included in P20211211). The latter also supports Linux kernel up to version 5.16 and no longer requires installing the linux-image-<version>-dbg package on Debian 11.
- Oracle Database 21c support by application-aware processing of image-level backup including redo log backup, by Veeam Plug-in for Oracle RMAN 188.8.131.524 (included in P20211211) and by Veeam Explorer for Oracle.
- RHEL 8.4 for SAP Solutions and SLES 15 SP3 for SAP Applications support by Veeam Plug-in for SAP HANA.
- VMware Carbon Black compatibility for vSphere VMs processing.
- LTO-9 support. Tape jobs will now identify and display the media calibration process in the Action log and will no longer time out should this process takes longer than 15 minutes.
- Platform: added API extensions enabling Kasten K10 integration and configuration backup/restore for upcoming versions of Veeam Backup for AWS/Azure/GCP; deleting cloud-native backup appliance will no longer delete the corresponding external repositories to facilitate configuration backup restore.
- SOBR Capacity Tier: increased timeout for certain long-running object storage operations (like clean up) to 25 hours; fixed the root causes behind offload failures with “Block not found”, “The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint” and “No recovery record was found for storage key” errors.
- Tape: fixed NDMP performance regression introduced in 11a; added support for Kasten K10 backups and backup copies to Backup to Tape jobs as well as support for restoring such backups from tape.
- Microsoft Azure: region settings have been moved into the configuration file to allow for enabling Archive Tier functionality there as Microsoft rolls out the Archive Storage class to additional regions.
- Microsoft Hyper-V: the presence of empty SCVMM tag should no longer cause various issues in the related functionality; VMs from nested HostGroups should no longer be skipped from processing; application-aware processing failures on VMs with a very large number of network adapters.
- VMware Cloud Director: the new plug-in version 11.1.7 adds support for: deployment with very large number of organization; LDAP-integrated users with multiple roles; installation side by side with other data protection plug-ins; browsers with the locale set to a language not present in the language picker.
- Veeam Cloud Connect: evacuating backups of a particular tenant should no longer lock the entire SOBR extent preventing other tenants from accessing their backups; encrypted tenant backups should now be correctly unpublished following the restore from Archive Tier; tenants should again be presented with an choice of keeping or removing their replicas when removing cloud hosts.
The detail information as link.
1.Login to Veeam server.
2.Download Veeam Backup & Replication 11a cumulative patch P20211211 installation package from above link. (You need to sign in).
3. Open Veeam Backup & Replication console.
4. Verify the existing Veeam Backup &Replication version from Veeam Backup & Replication console (Help |Abut), please confirm you are running Veeam Backup &Replication build 184.108.40.2061 prior to installing this cumulative patch P20211211.
5.Make sure all jobs are successfully, and then disable them, close console.
6.Exact the VeeamBackup&Replication_220.127.116.111_20211211.zip file, run VeeamBackup&Replication_18.104.22.1681_20211211.exe.
7. Click Yes on User Account Control page.
8. On the Welcome to cumulative patch P20211211 for Veeam Backup & Replication 11a Installation Wizard page. Click Next.
9.On the Ready to Install page, click Install.
10. On the Cumulative Patch P20211211 for Veeam Backup & Replication 11a has been Installed successfully page, click Finish.
11. Open Veeam Backup & Replication console.
12.On the Components Update page, select all servers, click Apply.
13.On the Update page, make sure all components have been upgraded for all servers, click Finish.
14. Verify the existing Veeam Backup &Replication version from Veeam Backup & Replication console (Help |Abut).
15.Right-click all jobs, unselect Disable to enable all jobs.
Hope you enjoy this post.
Web Site: carysun.com
Blog Site: checkyourlogs.net
Blog Site: gooddealmart.com
Author: Cary Sun
Cary Sun has a wealth of knowledge and expertise in data center and deployment solutions. As a Principal Consultant, he likely works closely with clients to help them design, implement, and manage their data center infrastructure and deployment strategies.
With his background in data center solutions, Cary Sun may have experience in server and storage virtualization, network design and optimization, backup and disaster recovery planning, and security and compliance management. He holds CISCO CERTIFIED INTERNETWORK EXPERT (CCIE No.4531) from 1999. Cary is also a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP), Microsoft Azure MVP, Veeam Vanguard and Cisco Champion. He is a published author with several titles, including blogs on Checkyourlogs.net, and the author of many books.
Cary is a very active blogger at checkyourlogs.net and is permanently available online for questions from the community. His passion for technology is contagious, improving everyone around him at what they do.
Blog site: https://www.checkyourlogs.net
Web site: https://carysun.com
Blog site: https://gooddealmart.com
Amazon Author: https://Amazon.com/author/carysun