Hello everyone, how’s the weekend going? Have you tried to build your personal website at Azure? As my previously blog said, today I am going to show you how to redirect the Azure website name to your own domain name.
- Access the Azure portal and login via your Azure account.
- On Azure Portal Dashboard page, select App Services.
3. On the APP Services page, click your website name.
4. On your website App service page, select Scale up (App Service plan).
5. On the Choose your pricing tier page, you must change your plan from F1 Free to other and click Select.
6. Close the Choose your pricing tier page after you changed plan.
7. On your website App service page, select Custom domains.
8. Before adding custom domains, you need to access DNS records with domain provider and add some records as follow.
9. Add an A record to map the Azure website app’s IP address.
10. Add TXT record to map the Azure website app’s default name.
11. Add a CNAME record for the www subdomain.
12. Add a CNAME record to map a wildcard name to the Azure website app’s host name.
13. On the Custom Hostnames page, click + Add host name.
14. On the Add hostname page, enter your own domain and then click Validate.
15. Click Add hostname after Validate successful.
16. On the Custom Hostnames page, click + Add host name.
17. On the Add hostname page, enter the www subdomain and then click Validate.
18. Click Add hostname after Validate successful.
Congratulation! You have your personal website with your own domain name now.
Hope you enjoy this post.
Author: Cary Sun
Cary Sun has a wealth of knowledge and expertise in data center and deployment solutions. As a Principal Consultant, he likely works closely with clients to help them design, implement, and manage their data center infrastructure and deployment strategies.
With his background in data center solutions, Cary Sun may have experience in server and storage virtualization, network design and optimization, backup and disaster recovery planning, and security and compliance management. He holds CISCO CERTIFIED INTERNETWORK EXPERT (CCIE No.4531) from 1999. Cary is also a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP), Microsoft Azure MVP, Veeam Vanguard and Cisco Champion. He is a published author with several titles, including blogs on Checkyourlogs.net, and the author of many books.
Cary is a very active blogger at checkyourlogs.net and is permanently available online for questions from the community. His passion for technology is contagious, improving everyone around him at what they do.
Blog site: https://www.checkyourlogs.net
Web site: https://carysun.com
Blog site: https://gooddealmart.com
Amazon Author: https://Amazon.com/author/carysun